Skott Enns – Skott’s goal isn’t to simply help you get a mortgage with the best mortgage rates, it is to help you figure out a plan to pay off your mortgage as quickly as possible! Has been voted Regina’s best mortgage broker for 2013, 2014, and 2015 & 2016 by Prairie Dog Magazine and named to the Summit 20 group, which means that he is in the Top 20% of all TMG Mortgage Brokers in Canada for the last two years.
If you are looking for honest, unbiased advice from a mortgage broker in Regina they would love to talk with you!
TMG The Mortgage Group Skott Enns is a Trusted Regina Mortgage Broker
Skott sat down with CBC and explained the First Time Home Buyer Incentive program.
In a recent interview with CBC News our Trusted Regina Mortgage Broker Skott Enns sat down and explained the new features of the First Time Home Buyer Incentive Program. In addition Skott goes on to examine some potential pro's and cons with this program. He begins by stating that:
Starting September 3rd for any homes where possession is starting in November if a potential first time home buyer has the minimum 5% down payment, CMHC will provide them with an additional loan of 5% for an existing home or an additional 10% for a new build for the down payment.
He also states that outside of being a first time home buyer the maximum household qualifying income that they can use for mortgage approval is $120,000. per year. So if your household makes more than this you will not qualify for this program. Additionally the largest purchase price for approval is four times the amount of your qualifying income.
Something buyers need to note is that when you do choose to sell the home the monies that CMHC provides will need to be paid back to them though the loan is interest free.
Benefits of the Program
When asked as a mortgage broker what are some of the benefits you see to a program like this Skott detailed his perspective as follows:
- It allows a first time home buyer to keep their cost as low as possible when considering principle and interest payments
- The program will reduce your CMHC premium
Negatives of the program
Skott goes on to outline some potential negatives of the Program:
- People forget - If you sell your house in 10 years you may forget that you need to re pay the loan to CMHC.
- People have general concerns about being in partnership with CMHC who is part of the Federal Government on the biggest investment which is their home.
He adds :
To be honest this is the first bit of good news that we have had in terms of qualifying for a mortgage.
The news coming out about mortgages and from CMHC has been about how difficult the newest changes make it for not just first time home buyers but anybody to qualify for a mortgage. It seems that every change has been making it more and more difficult. But this bit of good new will help keep payment down for a segment of the market.
To find out more watch the entire interview here
MacKay & McLean provides the professional services of a large Regina law firm, with the intimate attention of a small firm. The legal process can be daunting and overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. MacKay & McLean is with you every step of the way.
MacKay & McLean are TRUSTED REGINA LAWYERS
Should you fight your traffic ticket?
Here are some important points to consider when deciding if you should fight your traffic ticket.
Did you ever feel that when you received a traffic ticket you were already considered guilty?
If you were told you were cheating on an exam, would you simply accept it?
If your bank told you that you’re being charged a fee because you overspent, when you didn’t – would you just “pay it?”
Would you just accept being over charged at the grocery store and not say anything?
The average person’s experience with the police is nearly always with a traffic stop. Most of us are nervous with this singular encounter. The expectation is that you have been caught doing something against the law and the expectation is that you will just take the punishment of paying the fine.
Make no mistake Traffic Tickets are an industry and the only significant revenue source, besides taxes, for the court system. Most cities and towns with a police force place the amount expected from traffic tickets as part of its yearly budget. Conflict of interest bleeds through the entire system.
Here are some of the many reasons why you should consider fighting your ticket:
- Civic duty - government considers it a good source of extra revenue. Fighting them discourages over-use
- Just paying the ticket costs money
- It will cost you more money when you renew your license
- Tickets affect your driving record
- To many tickets can effect whether you can drive, or not
- It can affect your insurance premiums
- Points against you licence can add up quickly but take a long time to disappear
- Maybe you just want time to pay your ticket - fighting it often gives you more time
- You might not actually be guilty of anything
How to Decide Whether to Fight or Fold
Before assuming the ticket can’t be beaten and resigning yourself to writing out that check, we encourage you to take a hard look at the facts to see if you have a reasonable chance of success. You may be surprised at the variety of legal grounds available for defeating your ticket.
Here are some questions to determine whether going to court makes sense:
- Was the officer’s view of what occurred obstructed by other moving vehicles or stationary objects like trees, fences, or buildings? If so, this allows you to argue that the officer could not have clearly seen the alleged offense and gives you an opening to sell your version of events to the judge.
- Did the officer stop the right car? It is quite possible in heavy traffic for an officer to see a violation committed by one white minivan (a 1995 Plymouth Voyager, for example) and to stop another (an almost identical white 1994 Dodge Caravan) farther down the road. Your ability to claim this happened (“the officer got the wrong driver, Your Honor”) obviously goes way up if you can show that because of a curve in the road, construction project, or just heavy traffic, the officer lost sight of the offending vehicle between the violation and pulling you over.
- Was there an actual, provable error in the officer’s approach or methodology? In citing you for speeding, did the officer correctly pace your vehicle or properly use radar, or laser to establish your speed?
- Do any other legal defenses exist to the law you’re charged with violating? For example, if you were charged with driving too slowly in the left lane of a multi lane highway, it is a legal defense that you were planning to turn left.
For more questions and help with any legal issues consult with our Trusted Regina Lawyer Robert MacKay
Here is a list of more consumer tips by Robert MacKay
Robert MacKay's team provides professional, personalized service and with their assistance, you can rest assured that you will be handled with the utmost consideration and care.
At Winmar They perform their work the way it should be done -by industry standards…nothing less! REGINA DISASTER RECOVERY SERVICES Winmar provides expert advice and world class service!
They have certified consultants who are there for you 24/7 for REGINA disaster response services, fire and flood damage & restoration throughout Saskatchewan.
Here they share a great Testimonial from Vince Garland
"Around January my elderly mother fell at home,at this time I didn’t realize how bad her house had become with black mould ,I called Chris at the time he came out and saw how bad the situation was Winmar came in gutted the outside walls insulated with foam re dry walled house also at this time the shower downstairs spring a leak and again Winmar took care of all the problems we did major renovations in the house new flooring drywall kitchen cupboards led lighting and I can tell you they worked with the budget we had I can’t thank Chris Steve and mike for all the work they did
My mom couldn’t be happier thanks so much Winmar Regina they are the only company I would ever call on an emergency first rate guys." Vince Garland
THANK YOU Vince for taking the time to share your experience and thanks to Winmar for truly showing they deserve their Trusted status!
When we give the Thumbs up to a business IT MEANS something!
WINMAR Regina's experienced and certified staff provide full service restoration for all types off loss;
With their 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year service they always come through for you.
WINMAR knows what it takes to satisfy their customers..That's why Winmar are a TRUSTED REGINA & AREA DISASTER SERVICES COMPANY and REGINA GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Emerald Park Homes takes great pride in their workmanship, and have some of the finest tradesmen in the industry working together with them to create quality homes. Their focus is: "Our Quality Shows” and if you drive around the communities of White City / Emerald Park located just 8 minutes east of Regina on the #1 Highway, you will see signs on the lots available for your custom designed Emerald Park Home.
Put 20 years of experience in home building to work for you! Emerald Park Homes are TRUSTED REGINA & REGION HOME BUILDERS and they are experts in their industry.
Building a Custom Designed Home – Step 1: The Perfect Plan
So, you’ve decided to build a custom home, woo-hoo!! Building a custom home is such a wonderful experience. It allows you to see your own imagination come to life in a home that is uniquely crafted for you and your family.