Question: Laura Laird: When you have multiple pets, how often should you clean your ducts. We have 4 kitties and want to ensure we don't have a build-up of fur. Is there a better furnace filter that one should use with pets as well. T
· Every two years, however, with multiple pets in your home, we would recommend that you get a good thorough cleaning done and then have it done again in one year’s time. The technician can then determine at that time whether or not it should be done less frequently or more frequently and put you on a regular maintenance schedule if you so choose.
· We recommend using disposable pleated filters to assist with catching the pet hair and make sure that you change the filter at minimum every 6 – 8 weeks.
· We provide you with a free filter at the time of service. When we come to your home, you also have the option of purchasing filters directly from us for $15 each or $12 each if you buy a box of 12. If you have a box of filters already in the home, you are more likely to change it regularly!
Question: Colleen Machiskinic: Hi, I'm a renter and moved into this small home. I noticed when the heat is on it smells like dust and so I changed the furnace filter which made a difference but I noticed after 3 months I smell the dust again. How often should I change the filter and also how often should the ducts be cleaned?
· The filter should be changed at least every 6 – 8 weeks.
· Unless you experience health issues due to allergies, there should be no need to clean your ductwork more than every second year.
· We do, however, recommend cleaning after a big remodel job.
Question: Cheryl Slowski: What kind of equipment do you use to clean ducts, and what steps do you take to protect furniture, etc.?
· Full Throttle uses a portable system which is set up in the furnace room.
· We isolate return air side with bags to eliminate dust being put into the air.
· Clean return side
· Repeat on supply side while duct system is in a negative pressure
· We then go to each individual run and use compressed air with various scrubbing attachments
· This removes all dust and debris which gets captured into a hepa filter canister which sits in the mechanical room
Question: Jamie Marie: Is there a price difference for duct cleaning for people with or without central air?
· There is an additional $49 charge for people with air conditioning. Although it is optional it is highly recommended and here is why.
· Many duct cleaning companies only clean your ductwork. At Full Throttle we actually clean your furnace as well by pulling out the blower and cleaning it. If you have a high efficiency furnace, we also clean the recoup coil as well. The air conditioning coil is located on top of your furnace so we blow it out with compressed air and remove the dust, pet hair, lint, etc. manually off of the coil.
Question: Laura Alton: If you were cleaning out the ducts and you found something that isn't normal to find would you show and tell?
· We like to show the homeowner what was in their ductwork when they request so that they have better understanding of what we do and how well our system works. After all, our customers have just spent their hard earned money on our service, we want them to know that we made a difference. I don’t think we could find anything that would surprise us, we have cleaned all sorts of things out of ductwork!
· We can also take pictures and email them to you. We find that a picture before and a picture after is a powerful tool.
· Please be confident that if we find something that, by definition, or in our customers view, isn’t “normal” in the ductwork, privacy is important to us and we would never share this with anyone else other than the homeowner.