Dakine Home Builders offer a personal guarantee to each of their customers that they will work with them, using their ideas to create a home that is as unique as they are. From drafting board to building site, they listen to the customers when they talk! The homes are crafted for real lifestyles by taking the time to thoroughly understand the way the homeowners live.
What makes them different ?- they NEVER build the same house twice. Dakine Home Builders are Trusted Regina Home builders
Building your home will be one of the largest investments that you make, it’s natural that you want to find the right fit for your project.
We have all heard nightmare stories about new home construction some so outrageous you have to wonder if they’re true. However, the fact is hidden defects in construction happen every day and is something that you as a consumer should be very aware of.
Beware, the hidden defect is something different; it’s a flaw that affects the quality of a building. It is a significant defect meaning the owner does not or will not have the full and normal use or enjoyment of their property. Some defects won’t cause problems for years down the road and could end up costing the home owner thousands of dollars to repair.
Here are some examples of defects that if undetected could cost the owner huge sums of money to have repaired.
The wall which would have been covered over is barely sitting on the foundation. This wall is incredibly crooked.
the roof trusses don’t seem to line up here – the cause, the garage and home walls were not framed to the same height!
So what can you do to protect yourself?
Do your research and truly compare apples to apples. When you are comparing quotes between builders, ask the tough questions to find out why one builder is cheaper than the next. Here are some questions you should ask:
- How many years have you been in business? How many homes have you built?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- How do you compare yourself to other builders? What are the most important benefits of the homes you build?
- Can you give me references from prior home buyers?
- What are the major energy-saving features of homes you build?
- Who will oversee the construction of my home? Who should I contact with any questions I may have?
- How often (and when) will I have access to the home during the building process?
- How long will my home take to complete?
- What's your process for inspection at key points of construction, at final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
Be wary of builders who promise you a quick possession. There’s an old adage, you get what you pay for so it only makes sense to be informed and know exactly what you’re getting! Don’t settle for a builder who is willing to cut corners just to make the sale.
If you want quality and speed – it will cost you.
If you want cheap and speed – you won’t get quality.
If you want cheap and quality – it won’t happen fast.
Your new home is probably the largest purchase you will ever make. Don’t settle for anything less than a
professionally built, quality home that will stand the test of time and last for generations.
Dakine Home Builders are Trusted Regina Home Builders on the Regina directory of excellence!!