The Trusted Regina team have been to many events catered by Wallnuts Catering - we have always been SO impressed with their original food offerings and the way they are beautifully presented! Once we got to know Laurie the owner , we KNEW they were a perfect fit for the Trusted Regina community!
In 2003 Laurie Wall decided to pursue the dream. Like so many others before, Laurie had no idea what she was doing, but she was hell-bent-for-leather, as she is with everything she does, & Wallnuts steady climb to prosperity has not plateaued yet! She credits her success to a work ethic similar to the Canadian Beaver. She has an amazing staff working their tails off too - passionate, bold & pretty cute - the entire company works like a well-oiled machine.
The main focus of Wallnuts is tailor-made planning. They work with clients to exceed expectations & ensure your celebration is personal & truly reflective of who you are as individuals - they want to share your sense of values & style.
From small intimate gatherings to large & lavish affairs in Regina & around Saskatchewan, Wallnuts is unique. Passionate about what they do. Wallnuts strives to ensure all their celebrations are exceptional. They work with the best in the business & together set trends rather than follow them.
When we spoke to their clients as part of our in depth verification process we heard some amazing stories, need less to say they passed with flying colours! We are so lucky to have such an amazing caterer in Regina and mostly as the newest partner for the Trusted Regina Directory
Wallnuts are your Trusted Regina Caterers, check out their listing and see all they do here :www.trustedregina.com/listing.aspx?lid=417
Baked Garlic Wings recipe:
BAKED GARLIC WINGS
· 4 pounds jumbo fresh chicken wings (bigger the better!)
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· Place oven rack in the center position and preheat to 375 degrees.
· In a large bowl, combine chicken wings, olive oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper toss all to coat.
· Place the coated wings on a sheet pan and bake for 1 hour, or until skin becomes crispy.
· Sprinkle baked wings with parmesan cheese while still hot, shaking wings around pan to evenly coat all.
· Line the sheet pan with heavy duty aluminum foil before baking, for an easier clean up.
· You should still wash the pan, but you definitely won’t need to scrub.
· Skip the parmesan cheese, and toss baked garlic wings in 2 tbsp of honey before serving for delicious honey garlic.
· Prep time 10 min
· Cook time 60 min
· Serves 12
Beer Grilled Cheese recipe:
BEER GRILLED CHEESE
1 cup Chestnut Brown Ale or other nutty, brown ale
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1" slices
1 block mild or sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
4 tablespoons butter, plus more if needed
Optional toppings: bacon, sliced ham, prosciutto, avocado (optional)
In a bowl, whisk the eggs, beer, flour, salt and garlic powder in a large shallow bowl.
Dunk 1 slice of bread into the batter on both sides, giving it a second to fully absorb the batter, and let the excess batter drain back into the bowl.
Move to another plate, and top with cheese and additional toppings if desired (bacon, sliced ham, etc.).
Repeat with another slice of bread, and complete the sandwich.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Place the sandwich in the middle, and let cook on each side 3-4 minutes, until it reaches a crispy golden brown and a gooey cheese middle.
Plate, add garnishes, and serve.
Jazz up the recipe, make it into a breakfast sandwich with bacon, prosciutto, or sliced ham.
Keep it vegetarian with a sliced avocado on top.
There's never a wrong way to eat a grilled cheese.
Sweet Slow Tenderloin Recipe:
· 2 pound Pork Tenderloin
· 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
· 2-3 tablespoon maple syrup
· 2 tablespoon olive oil
· 2 tablespoon diced dried onions
· 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or powder
· Mix all ingredients
· Pour over Tenderloin in the crockpot
· Cook on low for 6 hours.
· Makes 6 Servings
Peach Dumpling Recipe:
· 2 whole large peaches
· 2 - 8 oz cans crescent rolls
· 2 sticks butter
· 1 - 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· cinnamon to taste
· 1 - 12 oz can Mountain Dew
· Peel and pit peaches.
· Cut both peaches into 8 slices.
· Roll each peach slice in a crescent roll.
· Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
· Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.
· Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over peaches.
· Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan.
· Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
· Serve with ice cream and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.